This month I decided to write about the "O" magazine article "I Will Never Know Why" by Susan Klebold. This is an article written by the mother of Dylan Klebold, who was one of the students who killed 12 other students, 1 teacher and injured 24 others at Columbine High School. I am sure many people will be drawn to the article as this was a momentous, tragic, and
horrible event to all of America and the world. I, however, typically try to avoid the majority of articles and any TV shows related to Columbine, unless it is directly related to somebody I know. I almost always avoid the articles and shows recounting the events. (I don't really need the events told back to me.) I find that most articles or TV shows have so many inaccuracies about the school, the students and the events.This article, however, was very well done. It was written by Susan Klebold and she told of the thoughts she had during that horrible day on April 20,1999, and the thoughts she had after. I can only imagine how difficult is was for her to write that article and tell the world about her son and the horrbile things she had to go through. I also commend her for not placing blame and being brave enough to step out and show the world her pain and remorse. I can only hope people can also understand the pain and horror these parents went through as well. Not only did they lose their children that day, their children caused the pain of thousands of other people.
Never Forgotten
No comments:
Post a Comment