Wednesday, October 7, 2009

FOOD!

I have 2 food challenges that I have started. The first is making a cookbook of items I cook, #91, and the second is cooking new recipes for dinner, #88. The first item I made was homemade Stromboli. It is a very easy and quick meal and something I make quite a bit. This recipe will be going in my recipe book.

I use the Pillsbury pizza crust that comes in the tube, and lay it out flat on a cookie sheet. I used some rotisserie chicken I made earlier in the week, peperoni and spinach as my filling. I chopped the meat and spinach so everything was in bite size pieces and mixed everything together and set it aside. I then took some cream cheese and heated it up in the microwave and then spread it out on the pizza crust, then added my filling and layered mozzarella cheese on the top.

The next step is rolling the dough up around the filling. I then layer the top with some cheese and cook according to the directions on the package. It is a quick and easy recipe that tastes great and a recipe that can use any left overs in the fridge.

The second recipe I made was slow cooker mac & cheese. Find the directions here. It was an easy recipe and tasty. But then how can mac & cheese not be be tasty. I do prefer the baked mac & cheese recipe I typically make, but this was an easy and quick alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment