Saturday, October 3, 2009

#71 - Stone Reader

One of my fun challenges is watching a movie starting with each letter of the alphabet. Today I watched Stone Reader. This movie is about a man who tried to read a book when he was 17 and could not make it through the book. He then read it later in life and loved it. The book inspired him to read everything about the author, but then learned that that was the only book written by the author and the book was now out of print. He went on a mission to find the author and get the book published again.

I found the movie a little slow at first but the exploration involved in finding the author becomes very intriguing. It is interesting to hear the interviews and the thoughts regarding reading.

SPOILER ALERT
The book, The Stones of Summer by Dow Mossman, is currently being published again and I am very intrigued about this book. Although it will not accomplish any of my goals, it will be going on my to read list. I will report back with the results on whether or not I am able to make it through and my thoughts on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment