Sunday, May 1, 2011

Accidental Billionaires

I know most of us are on Facebook, and I don't think many of us really appreciate (or despise) how much it has changed our everyday life.   I think the fact that Mark Zuckerberg developed this idea and made it into what it is is pretty amazing.

I watched the film The Social Network and really enjoyed.  So, I decided to read The Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich which was the inspiration for the film. And I loved Bring Down the House, which he also wrote.

I was disappointed with Accidental Billionaires.  First it starts out saying that most of the story is speculation on what happened.  Only one party participated in the writing of the book, Eduardo Saverin.  So, initially I felt like a lot of it was fiction and just staged ideas.  I also felt that it portrayed everybody poorly, except for Eduardo.  So I was kind thrown off by the negative characters around every corner.

If you are contaminating reading the book, don't.  Watch the Social network and move on.  Or, if you want to read a book by Ben Mezrick, read Bring Down the House about the MIT blackjack team.

No comments:

Post a Comment