Thursday, April 8, 2010

Basement Organization: Storage Room


The basement in my house becomes a collect all place. There is so much random stuff in my basement it is hard to believe. As you can see there are chairs, boxes, toilet paper, paper towels, fans, clothes and so much more. There is just way too much stuff. I was starting to go through things and I kept finding things that I needed to put in the storage room.

The storage room was no better than the basement. I could barely walk into the storage room. My storage room is small to start with. It goes under the stairs so there is limited space. As you can see the storage room was like the basement. All kinds of stuff everywhere. Boxes stacked on boxes, light bulbs, shipping boxes, paint. Again everything.

So I needed to figure out a way to make it easier to walk into, and easier to find things. And once you find what you want, capable of getting the item. Lets just say, that I was not able to that the way it was.

If you see in the first picture there is a shelving unit. I was able to take the shelving unit apart and make it 2 small units to stack against the back wall. This made a huge improvement. Now there is room to walk in. And now things are organized in a much better. And there is also room to put more things in the storage room when needed.

I was also able to throw a lot of things away. I also found something that I can sell on craigslist to get a few extra dollars.

So now it is time to tackle the basement. I have a feeling that may take longer than an evening like the storage room.

No comments:

Post a Comment