Friday, March 12, 2010

Organization: Part 1

When I got my new laptop, and I needed to install some of the software I had on my old laptop. This sounds much easier than it actually was. It meant time to go on a software search in the office. I try to keep all my computer stuff, (ie. hardware, software, cords, etc.) in totes to keep them organized. Well, it seems that only some stuff was in the organized totes, while other stuff was all over the place. That means it is organization time!!

The office and basement in my house seems to be the collect all areas, which is apparent from the pictures. When I clean the house the stuff that I no longer want to look at that is the main living area or master bedroom either goes in the office or the basement. I can always close the basement door and the basement is not completely visible from my living room. The really is no preference between basement and office, it is just based on size which is closer. So, that makes cleaning and organizing a bit confusing.

I decided to start with the office. When the office is packed full, I usually just close the door. Poof, I no longer need to look at it. This past week I decided I would start with the office and then I would do the basement. I decided I would do a little each night during the week. Some nights 10 minutes, some 30 minutes. By doing a little each night, it left the office a bit chaotic. As you can see, there is stuff everywhere. Shoes, boxes, paper, CDs, clothes, and so much more.

So it took some time to clean, and some of it went down to the basement, the other collect all place. But in the end I got the office clean, and the door can now stay open. There is still some stuff piled up, CDs, some paper work and some clothes. But I know what this stuff is, it is organized and I have plans for the stuff to be moved.

Now that the office is clean, that means it is time to move on to the basement. And that is not going to be nearly as fast or easy for me to complete.

It really does amaze me how stuff just piles up.

No comments:

Post a Comment