I have been reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell for about 2 months. I finally decided to give it up. I decided to read it because I saw the movie and thought it was cute. This is one of the view times where I thought the movie was better.
The story is documenting a blog project that Jule Powell started. She wanted to document her process through Julia Child's cook book in one year. She had to cook everything in the cook book and in the process she documented her ups and downs.
I started reading the book and immediately found it to be dense and wordy. It seemed to be overwritten. It should be a fun quick read but I did not find that. I often put it down to start reading other books. (I read 3 other books while I was trying to read this.) Ultimately, I only read half of it and just decided to give it up.
This yet another reason why the library is great. I don't feel guilty for spending money on a book then not enjoying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment